Sunday, March 28, 2010

Conceding defeat

I'm coming to terms with the fact that I will never, ever be on top of this blog, chronologically speaking, and I apologize. I love writing, but so much of my life in term-time is centered on this fact that when I'm not working, I have to turn my brain off.  But I'm constantly turning words over in my brain, figuring out their precise placement in the sentences I want to use to describe what's before my eyes.  I just never get those words down.

Here's a quick summary of things I still plan on covering once my life slows down.
- I wrapped up my second term at Oxford. Academically, uninspiring. Socially, brilliant.
- I went to Prague.
- I went to Salzburg.
- My family came to visit.

That underwhelming vagueness will have to suffice for now-- I'm leaving for Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, and Krakow in the morning.  I'll be back eventually, with even more stories than I've already collected, and I'm hoping to use the rest of my vacation to actually put them to paper. Er, screen.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so lucky that I live with you and get to hear your stories as they come! :) See you Thursday...
    ps- did you see that the tree in our front driveway is blooming?! It's beautiful!!

    -Megan

    ReplyDelete