Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Mid-way Mark

Today marks the halfway point of my life in Oxford.  Some days I forget I already have two years of uni behind me.  I forget this isn't permanent.  I forget that my days in the happiest library on earth are numbered.  I forget that I'm not actually going to be able to pop over to my friends' houses next year, that I have no idea who I'll be living with or where I'll be living.  I kind of feel like I'm on hold-- this year is a brief interruption in my normally boring life.  I've been homesick, I've been in love with this place, I've hated the weather, I've reveled in it, I've never wanted to read another word again, I've made mental lists of all the books I can't wait to get my hands on.  I've tried new foods, new friends, new sports, new TV shows, new ways of thinking, new ways of living.  I've grown so much more comfortable in being me.  I've gained confidence in my interactions with others-- both students and tutors.  I like me.

All this in the first half... what's next for the rest?

No comments:

Post a Comment